Thanks to Sean at Just a Jeep Guy for his turkey day hotness TMI
Do you travel or stay local? Family or Friends? Host or Guest?
Host with never less than ten people typically so it is a good raucous time. Generally just family though I’d happily include friends.
2. Parade: Love it? Leave it? Never let it go? Huge parade fan. In fact, a little Loki trivia – I was once a balloon handler at the Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade. It is like doing a tricep pulldown for like four straight hours.
Lots of fun and you freeze your ass of. Biggest thrill – changing into our costumes next to the FDNY volunteer squad.
3. Favorite Food? Sweet potato. Served any style. I could and do eat an entire plate of them.
4. Favorite holiday movie or do you watch football? All football, both on TV and in the backyard.
5. If you do holiday decorations, for which holiday and when? Christmas only. Two weeks before Christmas and it all goes down January 1.
6. Black Friday. Thoughts? Feelings? Soapbox? I continue eating and drinking through Friday. I like to walk through town and local stores, but not Christmas shopping at malls and such. Shopping for me is a late Decemberish activity.
Looking forward to thanksgiving this year. My nephew is returning home from his freshman year at a big Midwestern college. Football, Turkey, whiskey, beers, cigars and giving thanks for my many blessings.